SEO is critical to the success of any property management firm, so it is essential to look into better online marketing strategies for your company today. There are several SEO techniques out there that can improve website traffic and business, but there are three that are essential for your success.
#1. Menu Items
The layout of your front page tells users a lot about you and first impressions are lasting. You want this page to be clean, clear and straightforward, especially the menu items. Ideally, you want four essential menu items; Owners, Tenants, Property Management Services and Realtor Referrals. Your goals are to increase your rankings by reducing the bounce rate and increase the time spent on your page.
You want to provide information for any potential tenant, agent or client that comes across your site. When you guide each visitor easily to the section they are interested in; they are less likely to leave. You can have other menu items such as media relations, which are popular but be sure to keep them on sub-menus because the first page needs to be clean and concise.
#2. URL Structure
You need to develop a strategic URL for each of the pages on your site, and they need to be descriptive and consistent. When your URL makes sense, search engines like Google can find it easier, so you don’t want a URL that does not make sense with irrelevant wording.
The example below shows what your sales landing page URL would look like if you were a property manager in Gilbert, AZ.
Your landlord’s page would, therefore, have a URL like this:
#3. Landing Page
The landing page is responsible for converting visitors into leads or clients. This page needs to be amazing if you want to increase your business opportunities. Six items absolutely have to be included on this page to beat out the competition and appear more attractive.
- Title: This might seem like an obvious one, but you would be surprised how many landing pages do not have titles. This is a vital thing for good SEO. If you are a property management company in Phoenix, you want a title that says “Phoenix Property Management” in big letters for everyone to see. Users and search engines need to know what they are looking at.
- Phone number: If you want increased business, people need to be able to reach you. Don’t hide the number off to the side or way at the bottom; put it right under the title and branding.
- Email: Provide a way for people to reach out through email. All you need is a simple form with four or five fields. Remember that more extended forms can try a person’s patience and turn potential business away. Ask only for the necessary information so they can provide what you need quickly without getting upset.
- Value propositions: Include a list of 5 or 6 reasons that your company is the best. You want to make sure you stand out from the competition so put your best value propositions out there for potential clients to see. It is better to speak of “Benefits” such as “We will rent your property fast” rather than “Features” like “Aggressive Marketing Strategies.”
- Testimonials: Use both the feedback you get from clients or tenants as well as reviews posted on Google and Yelp.
- Video: Include a video that proudly states why people should work with you. The property management industry thrives on relationships. You can help people get to know you better through a friendly video posting. Be assured that people will do their research so this will go in your favour regarding gaining trust and more clients.