View the video on YouTube here: How to do Basic On-site SEO in 2015
In our first video of 2015 we show you how to do basic on-site SEO for a page on your website. We demo using a WordPress website but these tactics will work on any website whether it’s static HTML, Joomla or even Drupal. The video takes you step by step from setting up your title all the way through to images, internal and external links from the web page and setting up headings. It’s more important than ever to avoid over-optimizing your web page with the changes Google has made in their algorithm.
A few key points for optimizing web pages for best results:
- 1000 words or more of content is working very well right now (3000 is even better!)
- 3 original images – these are images that haven’t been used anywhere else on the web
- 1 title (H1) – don’t stuff your keyword into the title but work them in naturally
- 4 sub-headings (H2) – your exact keywords don’t need to be in these headings, use synonyms (LSI) instead.
- 8 relevant internal links – link to other pages or blog posts on your website.
- 2 relevant external links – link to other websites that are relevant to yours. (eg. if you are a dealer of Solar Gard window film, link to their site.)
This method will help you rank better for almost every keyword term you need.
Within the video we use the All in One SEO Pack plugin for WordPress. Plus, we use the SEOQuake Google Chrome plugin to measure keyword density. Both plugins are available using the links below.
- All in One SEO Pack: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/
- SEOQuake Google Chrome Plugin: http://www.seoquake.com/
If you don’t want to use the Google Chrome plugin to analyze the keyword density on your web page, you can use this website as an alternative: http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/