Sometimes while trying to attract more clients, bed bug control companies run into a few problems.When someone needs bed bug control, they will most likely search for this on Google. They will most likely also call the first few companies that appear on the search result page. For your business to take that critical spot at the top of search result pages, here are some tasks you will need to do.
This step-by-step process has bee proven effective. It will boost your company to the top of the list. However, let’s talk about why local SEO is essential for bed bug control companies such as your own, first. Here are three reasons why bed bug control companies should use local SEO.
Goodbye Yellowpages, Hello Google
In this day and age, it is doubtful that anyone would take the time to pick up a phone book and browse through the yellow pages. That stuff rarely happens these days, in fact, 97% of people searching for local businesses search online. The Google search engine is the top search engine for such searches.
When it comes to companies advertising is expensive. By making your company higher on these rankings, it’s like giving yourself an endless traffic that could easily become customers.
While national and international companies must wait for 6 to 12 months to see their rankings, being a local bed bug control company, you have an excellent advantage. You will only be competing against local bed bug control companies, which are local, not worldwide. Considering not many local bed bug control companies would have started an SEO campaign as you have which means that your business will skyrocket to the top within 30 days.
Step 1: Research Keywords
Draw yourself up a list that reflects the services your company offers. You could use things like “bed bug control,” “bed bug treatment,” and “bed bug removal.” Once your list is to the point where you feel it is complete, then sign up for Adwords.
Now, you do not have to create or fund an ad campaign. You only need this account is to access Google’s Keyword Planner. This feature will let you input your selected keywords so that you can find out how much visitors they will produce. This tool will also suggest any related keywords that you might not have thought of before.
Only when you have done this are you ready to decide your final keywords which you will loosely categorize into two basic types.
- Buying Intent: You can list keywords that are ready for a purpose. Let’s say that someone is searching for “bed bug exterminator Vancouver.” This person is most-likely already infested by bed bugs. They are searching for a company to help them to get rid of the problem. Company websites that are relevant to the topic, like the top search result for that ranking, www.bcbug.com, are going to show up.
You can focus your local SEO, with buying intent words. These will create the fastest conversions when you feature these on your homepage and develop your service pages based on them.
- Research Intent: People who are searching for research intent are just browsing the internet, not looking for any service. When a visitor arrives at your website, they might someday become a client, Yet, making a purchase may not be their initial intent. Say someone searched, “What are bed bugs” they might be trying to identify a bug they might have seen. Or they could be working on a project or paper.
Because of this, you should make these keywords a low priority as these do not bring new clients. However, hold onto these keywords as you will want to use them in other areas of your website such as blogs and FAQ sections. Posts that use research intent keywords are useful for introducing your company to people who may one day require your services.
Step 2: Optimize
As you now have that final list of keywords. You must still optimize them in two places. Your Google My Business page and your website.
Google My Business
These pages are mini-websites that appear in the map section of local business results on Google. These provide snapshots of your company and help boost your rankings. You will find that ranking is much simpler with a Google My Business page than with anything else including your companies website. You must make sure that all sections of you My Business page are complete and up to date.
- Verification: Claim your page by using the verification process. Once you see that check mark and word verified next to your company name, you’re on the right track.
- NAP: It is crucial that your companies name, address and phone number are up to date and match across the internet. Make it known that your company is local by providing a local phone number instead of a 1-800 number.
- Categories: My Business pages must list your services. Let’s say you choose “bed bug control services” Make sure to list all related services in 3 to 5 categories at least.
- Description: Provide a brief overview of your company that ends with a call to action. Be sure to aim for 100 to 200 words. Which should be formatted similarly to [Company Name] offers quality [services] in your [city]. [Company information]. [Why clients use you]. Call [phone number] today!
- Hours: Make sure that your business’s hours of operation are up to date and are also the same across the internet. If your company’s office hours are different from your service hours, be sure to make this known in a separate paragraph.
- Images: These improve customer engagement. By adding a few pictures of your company in action, (with required permissions) it will be attractive. When the images have a sharp focus with a minimum resolution of 720px x 720px, it makes your company more attractive. You might want to replace the generic background for a branded one that belongs to your business.
Make sure you begin with core pages, such as your homepage and service pages. You want to optimize these for your buying intent keywords. You will focus on “content” pages, FAQs, and blogs at a later time as these should be optimized for research intent keywords.
- Homepage: Your title tag is a lot like a chapter book title and is an essential part of your page. The title ideally should be at least 50 to 65 characters in length. You can format it like this: bed bug control service in [your city] | [Name of company]
- Meta Description: You will follow this with a good meta description. It is this that talks about your core services and are a great place to sell your company to prospective searchers. It should be 100 to 150 words in length. The best format for this would be something like [Company name] offers top-quality[bed bug extermination] in [your city] call [phone number] today.
- Headings: Also, your visible headline which is commonly known as an H1 which must be concise and descriptive. It should contain your company’s primary keyword. You could simply try something like [Bed bug control service] in [City, Province].
- Content: Finally, you need to consider page content which should be a 500 to 1000 word description of your company. Your content should provide background information, briefly explain your services, and close with a powerful call to action. You must make sure that this is clean and edited writing.
- Service Pages: You should create a separate service page for each offered service. On these pages, you must focus on your buying intent keywords. You can use the tips above to optimize these pages correctly.
Step 3: Citations and Links
Once you have the framework of your local search engine optimization in place, you will need citations and links. Both of these will increase your customer reach while boosting your rankings.
- Citations: These are lists of your companies NAP, in online directories. Your options could include Facebook, Yellowpages.com, your town’s chamber of commerce website, or industry-specific lists for bed bug control companies. These provide free listings, while others require payment. Don’t fork out funds before you look at Analytics. Don’t pay for services that don’t produce enough visitors for your site.
- Links: Make sure to include links that come from credible sites. These links are essential to making sure that your company will get high search engine results page (SERP) rankings. When you build relationships with other companies that provide customer service in other areas like lawn maintenance, you’ll help each other grow.
Step 4: Reviews
Having online reviews are important for two main reasons. Reviews are what convince people to give your services a try or not. While such reviews ensure that your business is legitimate to Google, the fact is that Google My Business reviews are vital in raising those rankings. All you have to do is send a satisfied customer an email that links to your Google My Business page, asking that client for a review. When this is done on a regular basis, you’ll soon have a regularly updated supply of reviews.
Step 5: Tracking
Tracking is the only way to know exactly how your company is performing which can also inform you of what areas still need work. With a lot of data available but it is essential to focus on the main three:
- Rankings: This is put together based on users browsing behaviour. To know how a specific page ranks you’ll need a tool. The Google Search Console is a great place to start! Just install the tool and check your ranking a few times a month. If you want a better understanding of these search page result ranks you may also move to a paid tool such as ProRankTracker.com. With these tools, you can track your Google My Business, as well as your websites, while you can view updated information on all your SEO Campaigns.
- Traffic: The best method of tracking your site, as well as your visitors is with analytics. You will get an overall result, learn which pages produce the most traffic and what percentage comes from Google. You can read reports once a month, and keep an eye on long-term trends.
- Conversions: These are specific behaviours that you want your visitors to perform. When it comes to bed bug control companies, a standard conversion would be to schedule inspections. By using Analytics, you can track both the website and phone so that you can see which have the highest and lowest conversion rates.
A comprehensive local SEO campaign is important for your bed bug control company. By applying these steps, you can bring in potential clients to your business.
Follow these steps to achieve high rankings.
- Citations and Links