Looking for ways to increase your audience engagement? Have you considered working with micro-influencers? They’re known for their ability to engage their followers effectively.
Micro-influencers are influencers who have somewhere between 1,000 and 100,000 followers. And although they don’t have as many followers as their top-tier counterparts, they can prove to be a valuable asset to your business.
How Can Micro-Influencers Help Brands?
In addition to increasing engagement, micro-influencers can also help you boost conversions, establish trust with an audience, and get your brand message across more effectively. Let’s take a closer look at the biggest benefits of working with micro-influencers:
- Increased engagement – Influencers with a larger following may be unable to engage their audience as well as micro-influencers. In fact, a Markerly study found that the engagement rate of Instagram users drops as the number of followers they have increases. If the goal of your influencer marketing campaign is to drive more engagement, opt for a micro-influencer over a mega-influencer.
- Higher conversion rates – Higher engagement often precedes a boost in conversions because a highly engaged audience is more likely to convert. This means that micro-influencers can help drive more conversions for your business. Some businesses have even experienced a 300% increase in sales after partnering with a micro-influencer.
- More effective communication of brand message – Research funded by Experticity revealed that 92% of consumers believe micro-influencers are better than regular folks at explaining how a product works. It also found that micro-influencers are perceived to be more knowledgeable, credible, and believable than average individuals. Micro-influencers can help promote your product or brand message in an effective, and trustworthy way that will resonate more with your target audience.
How Can You Find Micro-Influencers?
Now that you know how beneficial micro-influencers can be for your brand, you’re probably wondering how to get started with the process of finding them. Here are a few tips to help you find potential micro-influencers for your marketing campaign:
- Search through your social media followers to find micro-influencers who are already fans of your brand/business.
- Conduct hashtag research using keywords that are relevant to your product or service. This will help you find top social media posts from influential people in your industry.
- Use influencer marketing tools to identify micro-influencers in your relevant niche.
In addition to these tips, there are several other ways to find potential micro-influencers. And if you’re interested in finding out how to successfully launch your campaign, make sure you check out the gifographic guide to micro-influencers below.
Shane Barker is a digital marketing consultant that specializes in influencer marketing, product launches, sales funnels, targeted traffic and website conversions. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities.